Friday, March 26, 2010

Guess where I am.

Labor & Delivery.
Now, I'm not laboring or delivering thank God. But I am being monitored for possible Pre-E. It started Thursday at work. I wasn't' feeling well and had one of our nurses take my vitals. My BP was only slightly elevated but my pulse was super high. Long story, short - I called Nurse Spike who said come in and see Spike.
Spike decided that given my complicated medical history, he wanted me to go to L&D for monitoring and and EKG by a cardiologist. So we came over. They ended up keeping me over night. And now, since I had what I like to refer to as protein pee, I am about 19 hours into a 24 hour urine test.
So we wait. I have to finish the 24 hour and then wait for the results. If they are good, we go home. If they are not, we stay and talk about steroid shots, bed rest, and other things that I don't really want to thing about right now.
The good news is that all my cardio stuff looks good. And so does Jude.

Thanks for all your positive vibes. I'll keep you posted.

Love y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope they can hold off delivering him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope every thing in alright. Oh, and I forgot to say I LOVE the name Jude. But Jude? Momma is not quite ready to meet you OK? Give it at least 5 weeks for her alright?

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete