Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Soup - cheater style

This is my killer recipe adapted for the crock pot. It came out great! If you want the full version recipe, let me know. But I warn you: it's an asswhip.

You need:
3-4 chicken breasts
6 cups of water
4 chicken bullion cubes
2 cups of diced potatoes (I use red potatoes)
2 cups diced carrots (I use bagged ones and just throw 'em in)
1 medium onion diced( guess what? I used pre cut frozen)
1-2 cups diced celery
1 lb of Velveeta
8 ounce package of extra wide egg noodles

Put the chicken, water, salt and pepper, onion, celery, and bullion cubes in the crock pot on low. Set it for 8 hours.

4 hours in, dump in the carrots and potatoes.

With 1 hour left, break up/shred the chicken. It will be so tender that you can just do it with a fork while its in there. Add cubed Velveeta.

When it's all melted and cheesy looking, throw in the cooked noodles and turn off the crock pot.

It's sooooo good and this makes a ton. We usually eat it for a couple of days and freeze the rest.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment