Thursday, July 30, 2009

Why not?

Since this blog is titled "Recipes and Babies", I figure it's time to actually post a recipe. This is a super easy dinner that I do once in a while when I'm tired and don't feel like putting too much energy into cooking. Enjoy

Mexican Fried Rice

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 box Spanish style Rice-a-Roni
1 can diced tomatoes with the juice
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of whole kernnel corn
shredded cheese
sour cream

*feel free to use frozen or fresh veggies. I'm lazy*

Brown and drain the ground beef. Add to it the Rice-a-Roni and cook as per the directions on the box. It will call for the tomatoes.
When the rice is done, add in the black beans and the corn, stirring until hot.
Then I transfer it to a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake @ 350 until cheese is melted.

We usually top with sour cream and eat it Chipotle style in a bowl. Although I have used it as a stuffing for burritos and peppers before.
Easy and yummy.
Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment